Sydney Water Corporation: Notice
With dam levels falling below 40 per cent, the Minister for Energy and
Utilities, Frank Sartor today announced that Level 3 Water Restrictions
will apply across Sydney, the Illawarra and Blue Mountains, starting
tomorrow (1 June).
Level 3 restrictions include:
- Hand-held hosing of lawns and gardens and drip irrigation is now
allowed only on Wednesdays and Sundays before 10 am and after 4 pm
- No other watering systems or sprinklers are to be used at any time
- A permit from Sydney Water is required to fill new or renovated pools
bigger than 10,000 litres
- No hosing of hard surfaces including vehicles at any time
- No hoses or taps to be left running unattended, except when filling
pools or containers
- Fire hoses must only be used for fire fighting purposes - not for
There will also be a tightening of exemption conditions for businesses
with fines of $550 to apply from 1 July, however residential fines will
remain at $220.
While advertising will start on 1 June to inform the community of the
new restrictions, Level 3 restrictions will not be enforced until 1
July, to allow the public time to adapt to the new rules. However, up
until this point, fines will still apply for breaches of Level 2
Please ensure our contractors, suppliers and key stakeholders are made
aware of the new restrictions. Information on Level 3 restrictions can
be found on www.sydneywater.com.au.
Please take a moment to read through this information, as it may help
answer any questions you have.